Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am
Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 2 posts ]   
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

Here is a very intriguing cancer cure story that seemed to cure a man of small cell lung cancer using a canine wormer:

https://www.mycancerstory.rocks/single- ... erspective

Quote:
EDMOND, Okla. —

When you tell someone a medicine for dogs cured your cancer, you better be ready for some skeptics, but Joe Tippens says it saved his life, and the lives of others.

Now, even cancer researchers are open to the possibility it might be true.
Advertisement

"My stomach, my neck, my liver, my pancreas, my bladder, my bones -- it was everywhere," Tippens said.

Tippens said he was told to go home, call hospice and say his goodbyes two years ago.

The doctors were unanimous, he was going to die of small cell lung cancer.

"Once that kind of cancer goes that far afield, the odds of survival are less than 1 percent, and median life expectancy is three months," Tippens said.

Tippens said he went from 220 pounds to 110.

"I was a skeleton with skin hanging off of it," he said. "It was difficult."

But that was January of 2017. Today, Tippens is very much alive and what he credits for his survival has doctors scratching their heads, and the rest of us raising eyebrows.

"About half the people think I'm just crazy," he said. "And about half the people want to know more and dig deeper."

Tippens said he received a tip from a veterinarian, of all people. And in his desperation, he turned from people medicine to dog medicine.

Specifically, something you give your dog when it has worms.

"The truth is stranger than fiction, you know?" Tippens said, laughing.

Just three months later, Tippens says, his cancer was gone.

"I'm usually skeptical, and I was and maybe still am about this one," said Stephen Prescott, president of the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation. "But there's interesting background to this."

Cancer researchers like Prescott are skeptical, but they also are not dismissing this anti-parasitic's potential.

He says Tippens is not the first person to potentially benefit, and not the last.

"Scientists and many credible places have done work on this for years," Prescott said.

But was it the de-wormer, or was it something else?

Tippens took the dog medicine with daily vitamin E supplements and CBD oil.

He was also taking an experimental cancer-fighting drug. But Tippens says out of the 1,100 patients on that clinical trial, he was the only one cleared of cancer.

Tippens says he was saved by the dog de-wormer and he plans to take it for the rest of his life.

"My insurance company spent $1.2 million on me with traditional means before I switched to a $5 a week medicine that actually saved me," he said.

Prescott says he's now working with Tippens to organize a case study.

"We're going to do it and see if we can confirm, in a very rigorous and clinical sort of way, that these patients had that kind of response," Prescott said.

As for Tippens: "I've got over 40 success stories other than me," he said.

He's sharing his story on an online blog that has been read more than 100,000 times. Most of the feedback is positive, or curious.

Some accuse Tippens of giving cancer patients false hope.

"Oh, how do I answer that?" he sighed. "I mean, if I've saved one other person other than me, it's worth it to me."

All we know for sure is that Tippens is alive.

In time, perhaps we'll also know if this medicine made for man's best friend might also be man's newest cancer cure.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2687140/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3580766/

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/ne ... 793200.ece

OfflineProfileReply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci. 2008 Nov; 47(6): 37–40.
Published online 2008 Nov.
PMCID: PMC2687140
PMID: 19049251
Unexpected Antitumorigenic Effect of Fenbendazole when Combined with Supplementary Vitamins

Abstract

Diet containing the anthelminthic fenbendazole is used often to treat rodent pinworm infections because it is easy to use and has few reported adverse effects on research. However, during fenbendazole treatment at our institution, an established human lymphoma xenograft model in C.B-17/Icr-prkdcscid/Crl (SCID) mice failed to grow. Further investigation revealed that the fenbendazole had been incorporated into a sterilizable diet supplemented with additional vitamins to compensate for loss during autoclaving, but the diet had not been autoclaved. To assess the role of fenbendazole and supplementary vitamins on tumor suppression, 20 vendor-supplied 4-wk-old SCID mice were assigned to 4 treatment groups: standard diet, diet plus fenbendazole, diet plus vitamins, and diet plus both vitamins and fenbendazole. Diet treatment was initiated 2 wk before subcutaneous flank implantation with 3 × 107 lymphoma cells. Tumor size was measured by caliper at 4-d intervals until the largest tumors reached a calculated volume of 1500 mm3. Neither diet supplemented with vitamins alone nor fenbendazole alone caused altered tumor growth as compared with that of controls. However, the group supplemented with both vitamins and fenbendazole exhibited significant inhibition of tumor growth. The mechanism for this synergy is unknown and deserves further investigation. Fenbendazole should be used with caution during tumor studies because it may interact with other treatments and confound research results.

Vitamin levels in nonsterilizable (regular) and sterilizable (supplemented) diets
Diet
Vitamins Regular Supplemented Units % Increase
A 15.4 30.7 IU/g 100
Retinol 4.65 9.31 mg/kg 100
D3 1.54 2.05 IU/g 33
Cholecalciferol 38.39 51.18 g/kg 33
E 101 126 mg/kg 25
K3 51 102 mg/kg 100
B1 16.5 117.6 mg/kg 613
B2 14.9 27.2 mg/kg 83
Available niacin 41.2 87.3 mg/kg 112
B6 18.5 26.8 mg/kg 45
Pantothenic acid 33 141.6 mg/kg 329
B12 0.08 0.15 mg/kg 88
Available biotin 0.3 0.82 mg/kg 173
Folate 3.34 8.41 mg/kg 152

Supplemented vitamins included B, D, K, E, and A. Vitamins E and A both have antitumor properties by virtue of their antioxidant properties. Vitamin E causes antitumor and antimetastatic effects in several animal models of cancer; for example, it suppresses the nuclear transcription factor NFκB in prostate cell lines.13 NFκB regulates proapoptotic and prometastatic proteins; thus suppression results in antitumor effects. Higher intake of dietary folate and vitamin B has been associated with lower incidence of colorectal cancer in women.22 Recent work suggests that hypoxia-inducible factor 1α (HIF), which plays a key role in tumorigenesis by facilitating adaptation to hypoxia, is diminished by microtubule inhibitors,7 and some antioxidants may exert their antitumor effects through reducing HIF rather than by reducing genetic instability.8,10 We hypothesize that the combination of fenbendazole and supplemented vitamin antioxidants may have exerted a threshold effect, resulting in reduction of HIF and inhibition of tumorigenesis. Indeed, preliminary information from our laboratory confirms that fenbendazole inhibits HIF transcriptional activity in cell culture in an additive manner with other HIF inhibitors (data not shown).

OfflineProfileReply with quote

Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 2 posts ]