It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:39 am
Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 1 post ]   
 Post subject: cats and viruses
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

Interesting post from a woman on the LDN (low dose naltrexone) list:

Quote:
sick kitty with herpes,

Personal experience with shelter cats and my own cats makes a strong case for adding colloidal silver to kitty's treatment plan. We like the brand trace mineral research, colloidal silver 30ppm. For a small kitty, I'd give 2 ml orally every 4 hours until symptoms start to improve then taper off over the next several weeks. For an acutely ill cat with a viral infection you can up it to 5 mls for a normal sized cat every couple hours as needed. I'd also dab a little on kitty's nose where it is sore from the infection.

About 10 years ago, the shelter group that I was working with had an outbreak of a very virulent form of calicivirus which is similar to rabbit hemorrhagic disease. It affected nearly every cat in the shelter within 48 hours after outbreak. We were told by several vets to expect up to a 90% mortality rate. We didn't lose any of the cats and we attributed it to the colloidal silver added to the other meds. The cats were sick for 3 to 4 weeks but they all recovered. In this case we administered fluids and antibiotics for secondary infections but the colloidal silver relieved the mouth ulcerations and the heavy saliva build up that prevented the cats from breathing/eating. It also seemed to improve the well being of the kitties immediately. We scruffed the cats and administered the colloidal silver by mouth. It has little taste so they didn't fight us too much.

With colloidal silver, although there are supposedly few side effects, care should always be taken with any cat with compromised kidney or liver function and possibly reduce the dose for these cats. I've also had friends that made their own colloidal silver for cats and dogs but caution against this with very sick animals because the potential exists for improperly filtered solution that could possibly be dangerous in the long term.

OfflineProfileReply with quote

Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 1 post ]