horse's health in many aspects. I have long been a student of two old MDs
from the early part of the 20th century, Dr. Burr Ferguson and Dr. Walter
Guy, who pioneered work with "dilute Hydrochloric acid" therapy. There are a
number of out-of-print books on their exploits. I do think that dilute HCL
injections can offer in many instances a refreshing substitute to our modern
antibiotics in fighting infections.

My latest test subject was my nephew's calf that was dropped in a snow storm
on Feb. 28th. His mother cow turned up dry and he was unable to get his
natural colostrum from her. Accordingly, all types of complications occurred.
Go to my webpage for the full story, but let me summarize here that if it
was not for dilute Hydrochloric therapy, I doubt seriously he would still be
alive or flourishing.

http://racehorseherbal.net/hcl.html

OfflineProfileReply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:54 pm 
Site Admin

When it comes to treating frostbite in calves or any livestock for that matter, it never really occurred to me how valuable DMSO could be even though I have long used DMSO for all types of conditions. DMSO has long been known to protect tissue from freezing. In Dr. David William's book, "DMSO, The complete Up-to-Date Guidebook" (1993), he writes this:

Quote:
"DMSO's first major use was to act as a type of antifreeze to preserve tissue. Keeping this n mind, it should come as no surprise that it can perform miracles on frostbitten tissue. In one animal study, if DMSO was applied prior to the tissue freeze, damage was practically nonexistent. Amazingly, humans using DMSO up to 24 hours after the freeze showed total recovery without any gangrene or necessity for amputation. DMSO should be applied within 12-24 hours of the freezing, however, it works even better if applied before freezing. A 70-90% solution seems to work best prior to a freeze. In acute incidents when it is necessary to apply the DMSO after the freeze, a soak may be indicated."

Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Forrest Riordan saw DMSO save a frostbite patient's limbs. Arriving home after midnight on a -15 degree F night, a 59-year-old woman slipped on the ice outside her garage, hit her head, lost consciousness, and lay beside her car for six hours. By the time Dr. Riordan saw her, her feet and hands were purple, and her fingers were turning black. Having already treated 50 patients with DMSO and being aware of its use in preserving and restoring tissue, Dr. Riordan decided to give it a try. Pat McGrady describes what happened. "The question was, would DMSO give new life to the lady's dying fingers and restore blood to her limbs? Ten minutes after Riordan had swabbed DMSO on the patient's hands and lower legs, the treated areas reddened with the return of blood. The DMSO odor was on her breath, showing that the drug was permeating the woman's system. On the second day, blisters had popped out on the frozen areas and that evening she regained consciousness... On the third day, sensation began returning to some of the toes and later the tips of the fingers began to have feeling again. By Day Seven, she was able to flex her joints. For an entire month, the patient was sloshed, swabbed, and dabbed with DMSO. Almost a gallon of it was used, but side effects amounted only to an occasional rash, a bit of burning and itching... By Day Fourteen, it was clear that all tissues were viable... Riordan concluded that the drug should be applied within 12 hours of freezing and that 24 hours may mark the critical point in reversing damage to the involved blood vessels".

OfflineProfileReply with quote

Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 2 posts ]