Log me on automatically each visit

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am
Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 3 posts ]   
 Post subject: canine skin infection
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:56 am 
Site Admin

I recently received this email from a client in NY:

Quote:
. . . one of my dogs has an itchy rash for 6 months now. Vet wants her on steroids and I refuse but I am struggling to manage her constant biting of her hind legs and belly. It is itchy and that is why I can't keep her from biting so it does not matter all the herbs I am using on her. I think it is a bad fungus and I need to get to the root of it internally and externally. I really think it is fungus. She has a lots of folds in her skin as she happens to be a wrinkling Dachshund. She licks and the moisture gets trapped in her folds. She lays in one spot on the couch most of the day so I feel she also is not getting good air venting. She is blind and is older now and seems to be happiest on the best spot on the couch to which we have now refer to it as Rylie’s spot. She has a very slight damp smelly musky feet smell to her too. No one else smells it, but I do. I know for sure it is fungus and she is biting because it itches. I have been putting natural anti-fungal herbs on her with oil infusions I have been making for her but she likes the taste and licks them off, further making her skin raw. She lost all fur in that area so now her skin folds and sticks together from moisture. She is raw. I was even using CBD oil which she loved the taste of too so she licked it off. She can get out of any wrap I put her in to get to the itch. I refuse to put a cone on her because she would be terrified with it on and hurt herself. All my dogs are indeed on a raw meat diets; venison, elk, bison and some beef and chicken. My gut tells me it’s fungus and a strong one. I would have had it cured already if she would just stop licking and biting it which maintains the moisture in the folds. I have been doing organic Bob mills arrowroot, and this was really working but then she decided she liked the taste of the arrowroot too. My other dogs like the taste too and started licking her legs too. I can’t win. I need to give her something internally too but it needs to be safe. This is where I was doing my research and learned about Osage and then found your site.

Though my osage orange extract should be very helpful in this case, I suspect plain, cheap old Sulfur Sublimate would be the best way to go and I told her to try that first.

Her reply:

Quote:
I am very excited to try this. I can only imagine the pain and discomfort she is in with such raw wet skin on her legs and belly . You are right, I think her immune system is compromised. I am not sure why though. She is in good spirits and loves to eat. Her nose drips clear though and the other dogs noses aren’t dripping at all. The rash started out just on her left side of her belly and inner thigh. While trying to treat the rash, I noticed that herhock skin on both legs was very thick and hard , like you can pinch them and the skin just stayed there and didn’t bounce back, then I noticed she had a zillion skin tags growing between her fur only on her hocks. I know it is super itchy because she is not just licking she is biting her skin like crazy. I wish I understood why her immune system is compromised or is her immune system in overdrive. I hope the flowers of sulfur are the answer as I can’t bear to give her steroid treatment and I will not do it but I can’t bear to see her suffer like this either. She is blind and can’t even see what it is that is hurting and irritating her so much. She is the sweetest little girl and it is breaking my heart that I am failing her. From the bottom of my heart thank you for all your time and attention to help me help her.

Results a few days later:

Quote:
I have been using the flowers of sulfur on Rylie and I am ecstatic to say she is 90% cured as if it is a miracle. See attached photo. Prior to me using the sulfur, her shin was red and raw and sticky from wet raw skin sticking together . she also had raised hardened skin all around her butt and her inner tail was hairless from all her biting. Just from less than a week of me putting the Sulphur she is 95% cured. She stopped itching and licking. The inflammation and sticky rawness is gone and she is so much happier. I wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the advice to help my sweet little Rylie. She had been so uncomfortable and in pain for so many months and now she is pain free and comfortable to be her sweet happy self.

Your help in helping Rylie has been priceless. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OfflineProfileReply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:59 am 
Site Admin

Before skin infection photo:

Attachment:
before.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

The after sulfur treatment photo:

Attachment:
after.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 3 posts ]