Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 am
Forum locked Post a reply  [ 1 post ]   
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

This will be my second generation of creating forums for all those horsemen and women interested in a better way of treating their animals with a more insightful way of producing a fit and winning racehorse. I plan to transcribed many of the old posts from my previous board to this new one. Also note for those of you that are not race track people, the name of this forum refers to a post-race detention barn or stall where a winning racehorse was taken for a saliva test back in the old days of racing. Now they get the whole works of saliva, urine and blood, but the old name remains stuck in common usage, Spit Box. May this term be a metaphor for this board in that horse people can come here to test their spit (opinions and questions) for truth and logic and answers.

Quote:

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody else has seen and thinking what nobody has thought. Albert Szent-Gyorgyi, MD

The left antique photo adjacent to "The Spitbox " banner is a 1910s racing scene showing the completion of a race with the horses being taken back to the barn area. It was taken at the old racetrack in Pinehurst, North Carolina. I manage to save this photo and others from the trash-man when it's owner, Miss Hurd, died with no apparent heirs. All of her family photos were taken out of her house and put in trash cans in the back alley. I just happened to be winter training in PInehurst at the time (late 1970s) and living in a charming apartment above a log house called the Crow's Nest right behind her house. I gladly saved her family photos and hope she may be looking down on them, now, with a smile. I regret I never knew her personally. She came from a horsey family by the quality of her photographs.

Attachment:
pinehurst girls.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OfflineProfile

Forum locked Post a reply  [ 1 post ]