Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 am
Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 2 posts ]   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:04 pm 
Site Admin

Intravenous administration of MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) should be considered as a possible life saving protocol. The below is an excerpt from a 1989 patent by Robert J. Herschler:

Quote:
Intravenous Administration

In U.S. Pat. No. 4,296,130, I teach that methylsulfonylmethane is so inert and non-toxic that aqueous solutions thereof can be used as a blood diluent. In healthy humans or other animals having adequately high methylsulfonylmethane blood levels, methylsulfonylmethane is in fact "inert" in the sense the term is used in that patent. However, in acutely ill patients, dramatic beneficial benefits are often obtained by the intravenous administration of large doses of methylsulfonylmethane. For example, rheumatoid arthritic patients suffering from a flair-up of the disease which produces intense pain or crippling swelling of the joints or both achieve prompt relief, even those patients who obtain only minimal or delayed benefits from oral ingestion of methylsulfonylmethane.

Apparently, when a patient is in an acute stage of intense pain-producing disease, such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, degenerative disc syndrome, an autoimmune disease or metathesized carcinoma, which produces intense pain, the relief from pain from oral ingestion of methylsulfonylmethane is sometimes too subtle or takes too long for the patient to obtain reasonably prompt subjective benefits therefrom. In contradistinction, intravenous administration of methylsulfonylmethane gives prompt, i.e., within hours and often within minutes, relief from pain and often dramatic benefits, e.g., a significant reduction in the crippling effects of rheumatoid arthritis.

Therefore, in one aspect this invention relates to a method for rapidly ameliorating at least the pain associated with an intense pain-producing disease by the intravenous administration of methylsulfonylmethane in an amount effective to ameliorate the pain.

The amount of methylsulfonylmethane intravenously administered can vary substantially because of its lack of toxicity and adverse side effects. Individual doses can vary from about 0.01 to 2 gm/kg, preferably from about 0.1 to 1 gm/kg, on a body weight basis, the usual dosage range is about 0.25 to 0.75 gm/kg, preferably about 0.5 gm/kg.

When large amounts are administered, e.g., in the order of 1 g/kg of body weight or more, i.e., infusion of 5% to 10% solution of methylsulfonylmethane in water, physiological saline or 5% dextrose is preferred. The rate of administration is preferably no greater than about 1 gm/kg/hr, although infusion rates as high as 2 gm/kg/hr are tolerated by patients, except for light-headedness of the type experienced by some blood donors is experienced by some patients at this rate.

Because methylsulfonylmethane is very rapidly excreted, the intravenous administration can be repeated frequently, e.g., every 12-24 hours. However, one i.v. administration often suffices to achieve amelioration of pain and other symptoms, which remission can be maintained for weeks or months with orally ingested methylsulfonylmethane.

Intravenous Administration

For patients suffering from a serious chronic disease, e.g., an acute stage of rheumatoid arthritis or other acute inflammatory conditions or a patient in extreme pain, administer 1 gm/kg of methylsulfonylmethane i.v. as a 14% by wt. solution in sterile 5% dextrose solution, at the rate of 1 gm/kg/hr. Within 2-4 hours, significant subjective relief from the symptoms of the disease or condition is experienced by the patient, with the relief lasting for from 7 to 21 days.

Such massive i.v. administration can be repeated as frequently as every 24 hours. Rates of dimethylsulfone administration as high as 2 gm/kg/hr are possible but may produce transient light-headedness in the patient.

OfflineProfileReply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

Solubility of MSM:

Easily soluble in water, ethanol and acetone, slightly soluble in toluene and chloroform, water solubility: 5°C 10g,10°C 16g,30 °C 37g,60°C 120g,95°C 250g; solubility in methanol -10 °C 1g,0°C 3.5g,30 °C 20g,60 °C 34g; its water solution is neutral.

MSM is destroyed by aeration, processing, cooking, and homogenizing. It evaporates with
moisture and declines with age.

OfflineProfileReply with quote

Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 2 posts ]