Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 am
Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 3 posts ]   
 Post subject: leukemia
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:43 pm 
Site Admin

My brother had leukemia over 10 years ago, and I gave him pau 'd arco tea (a potent anti-fungal) and poke root tincture to take at the same time as his conventional treatment of which he only partly completed. You may ask, what does fungi have to do with leukemia? Let me direct you to a very interesting thoughts that discusses the implications of fungi and leukemia. View this piece by Dr. Holland in the following post to this, below.

You will discover that many times a fungal infection can be mistaken for leukemia.

Here was another post, I did a few years ago on leukemia:

I just happened to be rereading a very interesting medical text from 1955, PATHOGENESIS OF CANCER by John Gregory MD. In one passage he is talking about leukemia. He writes:

Quote:
"The various forms of leukemia which are found in man are imitated to a surprising degree in the mouse. It is becoming obvious that the leukemia of man and the lower animals are analogous. Drs. Fouth and Stubbs reported in 1931 that they had taken blood from leukemic chickens, injected it into other chickens and produced sarcoma at point of injection. Leukemia, a cancerous disease of the blood forming organs can be induced by a virus filtered from cancerous blood. This virus can localize not only in the blood forming organs, but under some conditions in other cells, and thereby produce new types of cancer."

I was up at my brother's house after reading the above passage and told him what I read
about leukemia. A light bulb went off in his head and he told me right before he came down with his leukemia, he was eating a ground turkey burger upon which a very thin sliver of a turkey bone had pierced his upper gum. After which, he developed all types of sores in his mouth and nostrils days
later and, then soon after, experienced the initial affects of leukemia.

-------------------------

I do darkfield blood work. I have finally came to the conclusion in the last few years that he has a form of fungi in his blood after examining his blood off and on. He must be carrying a heavy load as I have taken 3 blood samples and each sample seemed to contains this organism. Below this post you will see a photo micrograph of fungi, I saw growing in his blood from 1 hour on the slide to 24 hour growth.
After taking a third blood sample, I have unfailingly viewed in each of his blood samples this very unusual fungi growth. The first samples were viewed in blood that were not treated with my Acridine Orange/DMSO stain,nor was it observed under fluorescence, only darkfield, and this sample seemed to present the freest and fastest growing samples of the fungi when it was incubated. My subsequent next 2 blood samples were treated with a biologic stain, Acridine Orange/DMSO and though the fungi was still present in these latter two samples, its growth and viability seemed to be sharply checked, I presume because of the presence of Acridine orange which binds with DNA. I will attach three photos of what I am seeing in his blood in progressing time increments of initial sighting after 6 hours, and after 24 hours--all from the first unstained blood sample. The white rings of various shapes are red blood cells. The white, often granular blobs around the fungi are white blood cells.

It appears to me that this fungi belongs to the Alternaria family as viewed from this superb site:

http://fungi.myspecies.info/all-fungi/alternaria

Note that I was very worried that my blood samples had been contaminated during the blood lanceting and slide preparation process, but with each succeeding blood specimen, I took, I was more and more careful with sterile technique. Nevertheless, the same fungi seems to be always in his blood.

The fungi in my brother's blood belongs to the Alternaria family. I found the below interesting case online that involves a man with that type of fungi infection:

Quote:
"We report a case of cutaneous alternariosis in a 69-year-old male patient. Durin hospitalization for treatment of the skin disorder, acute myeloid leukaemia was diagnosed. He received multiple chemotherapeutic agents but the leukaemia remained refractory to therapy and the patient died. The clinical picture, diagnosis and treatment of cutaneous alternariosis will be discussed and a review of the literature regarding patients with haematological diseases will be given."

To translate in other words, a patient was admitted in a Greek hospital with a skin infection involving the alternaria fungus. While there, it was discovered he had acute myeloid leukaemia (as my brother had). My question is, which came first? The alternaria infection or his leukemia? I know the medical establishment probably thinks the patient's fungal infection was a result of the poor immune function resulting from the leukemia,,,,,,,,,,,but why not consider that the alternaria may have contributed to the leukemia? Mmmmmmmmm??

My theory in my brother's case is that he is carrying a perpetual fungal infection in his blood plasma and his immune system seems to be able to keep it well under control while he is in good health. Should his immune system become impaired---he better look out! Funny thing. When I put his blood on the slide, of course, his natural immunity ceases to be much of a factor which allows this fungus to start growing unchecked. If you notice in the photo micrographs that the last two photos actually has his white blood cells (the white granular material) surrounding the fungus in an attempt to do their job, even in the artificial environment of a microscope slide.

Attachment:
triad fungus 2 copy.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OfflineProfileReply with quote

Post subject: Re: leukemia
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:45 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
David Holland, MD

I recently spoke with a nurse who was diagnosed, as an adult, with leukemia. She endured the chemotherapy regimen her doctors prescribed, only to suffer from a secondary fungal infection during that time. The intensity and duration of the antifungal treatment rivaled that of the chemotherapy. At any rate, she recovered from both afflictions and went back to work.

Later, as a result of another workup -- which included a liver biopsy -- for some returning symptoms she had, bad news was again brought up. "Your leukemia has returned," her oncologist told her, and he proceeded to lay out the next line of chemotherapy drugs she would have to take.

Given that her chances of dying were much higher now that her cancer had returned, she opted to get a second opinion on her biopsy before proceeding with her next round of chemotherapy. She took her tissue sample to another hospital, and what she was told there was absolutely stunning: "You don't have leukemia," remarked the pathologist, "what you have is a fungal infection!"

The scenario that her doctors figured was that her previous fungal infection had returned -- a total possibility. But for this nurse, more questions were raised. She thought, for example, "If they diagnosed my fungal infection as leukemia this time, is it possible that they were wrong the FIRST time? Was my leukemia really a fungal infection to begin with, and was my so-called 'secondary' fungal infection I had earlier really a full-blown manifestation of what originally might have looked like leukemia?"

Of course, she would never get answers to these questions, for to fully investigate thoughts like these might imply that a diagnostic error was made on the part of either her initial oncologist or pathologist.

Nevertheless, an intense six months later -- some of it spent in the hospital -- of high-dose, powerful antifungals finally achieved a cure for her fungal infection. Today, she is again back at work, exuding more than ever with compassion for her patients. It really struck me when she told me where she works, because in her case, her occupation may very well relate to what she had suffered over the past two years. It turns out that she works at a bone-marrow transplant center, and is in daily contact with children with leukemia.

Now, the thought of her "acquiring" something as grave as leukemia would almost be preposterous to some. But the temptation to scratch our heads and wonder about this is unbearable. What if she really did have a fungal infection -- and NOT leukemia -- her first time around? And if so, did she "catch" this from her precious little patients?

Fungal infections not only can be extremely contagious, but they also go hand in hand with leukemia -- every oncologist knows this. And these infections are devastating: once a child who has become a bone marrow transplant recipient gets a "secondary" fungal infection, his chances of living, despite all the antifungals in the world, are only 20%, at best.

And then the unthinkable thought arises: what if all of these children didn't even have leukemia, but rather a fungal infection, just as this nurse did? If doctors, in the 21st century, could mistake a fungal infection for leukemia in this nurse, could the same fate have fallen upon these children?

Doctors in general are not very good at diagnosing fungal infections because their medical school training is based so heavily on the role of bacteria and viruses in the area of infectious diseases. Fungi have been a forgotten foe ever since the advent of antibiotics. Once we had a drug that could kill bacteria, the interest in and the study of fungi fell to the wayside.

Laboratories display the same difficulty in diagnosing fungal infections: current tests for detecting the presence of fungi are both terribly scant and sorely antiquated.

Despite these training and technical inadequacies, there have been at least a few good reports that implicate the role of fungi in causing leukemia.

For example, in 1999 Meinolf Karthaus, MD, watched three different children with leukemia suddenly go into remission upon receiving a triple antifungal drug cocktail for their "secondary" fungal infections.(1)

Pre-dating that, Mark Bielski stated back in 1997 that leukemia, whether acute or chronic, is intimately associated with the yeast, Candida albicans. (2)

Finally, almost 50 years ago, Dr. J. Walter Wilson, in his textbook of clinical mycology, said that "it has been established that histoplasmosis and such reticuloendothelioses as leukemia, Hodgkin's disease, lymphosarcoma, and sarcoidosis are found to be coexistent much more frequently than is statistically justifiable on the basis of coincidence." (3)

Histoplasmosis is what we call an "endemic" fungal infection. It is most commonly acquired in regions surrounding the Ohio and Mississippi river valleys in the United States. One becomes ill by merely inhaling the tiny fungal spores of this fungus. (For more information on histoplasmosis and other endemic fungi, you can visit: http://www.doctorfungus.org/). Three similar reports like this over the span of 40 years should convince us to at least study the role of fungi in cancers like leukemia a little more thoroughly.

The late Milton White, MD., did exactly this. He fully believed that cancer is a "chronic, intracellular, infectious, biologically induced spore (fungus) transformation disease." (4) Using the proper isolation techniques (involving saline instead of formaldehyde as a tissue transportation medium between the operating room and the pathology lab), he was able to find fungal spores in every sample of cancer tissue he studied. His lifetime work has been routinely dismissed as nothing more than an unproven postulate.

Regardless, wouldn't you expect all of this information to make front-page headlines in every newspaper across the country, if not the world? Instead, every one of these findings was merely a brief mention -- only curious thoughts that one might entertain but never take seriously.

The fact is, if leukemia and fungal infections "co-exist" so frequently, and if an antifungal drug cocktail effectively cured at least these three children of their leukemia, then I say we put the brakes on right there. Is there a need to go any farther, except to more deeply investigate the need for antifungals in treating leukemia and not just the secondary infections that arise in the course of chemotherapy?

In his book, The Germ that Causes Cancer (http://iknowthecause.com), author and television host Doug Kaufmann asserts that not only fungi, but also foods play a role in the etiology of cancer. He has seen children become free of their documented leukemia once the child's parents simply changed the child's diet. Kaufmann's diet is base on the widely-published problem of mycotoxin contamination of our grain foods.

Grains such as corn, wheat, barley, sorghum, and other foods such as peanuts, are commonly contaminated with cancer-causing fungal poisons, or "mycotoxins." (5,6) One of them, called aflatoxin, just happens to be the most carcinogenic substance on earth. If this is indeed a problem, Kaufmann asserts, then cereal for breakfast and soda pop for dinner may not be conducive to a cancer-free lifestyle.

A case in point: in a grain-based diet, we consume, on average, from 0.15mg to 0.5mg of aflatoxin per day. (7) Further, he states, it is not the sugar alone that is the problem in our western diet, but the fungal toxins that are found in the sugary grains. More than once has Kaufmann interviewed a caller (on his health talk show) who absolutely craved peanut butter and popcorn just prior to their diagnosis of cancer.

Fungi are such a nuisance in carbohydrate foods in particular because fungi need carbohydrates to thrive. Therefore, it is rarer to see fungal contamination problems in foods like vegetables and high-protein foods.

Kaufmann goes on further to explain how even antibiotics may play a role in the disease process. Antibiotics destroy the normal, protective gut bacteria, allowing intestinal yeast and fungi to grow unchecked. These internal, gut yeast make toxins, too. This can lead to immune suppression, symptoms of any autoimmune disease, or even cancer. "If the onset of any symptom or disease- cancer included- was preceded by a course of antibiotics," he maintains, "then look for a fungus to be at the root of your problem."

Doug and I will be talking more about the role of fungi in cancer and other diseases, such as diabetes, in our upcoming seminars. Check out our website (http://iknowthecause.com) to find the location

Post subject: Re: leukemia
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

A new 2015 study on contagious clam leukemia is quite interesting!

Quote:
The team discovered that the disease is associated with a jumping gene—a stretch of DNA that can copy and paste itself into a new part of the clam genome. They called it Steamer. Healthy clams have between 2 and 10 copies of it in their genomes, but the ones with leukaemia have between 150 and 300 copies. Perhaps some virus was causing Steamer to multiply extravagantly. As it jumped into new places, it disrupted important genes, and triggered cancer. Here was “an example of catastrophic induction of genetic instability that may initiate or advance the course of leukaemia,”

Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 3 posts ]