Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 am
Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 1 post ]   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

From Dr. Christopher:

Quote:
"When I graduated from the Dominion Herbal College in Vancouver, British Columbia, Dr. Nowell made me a present. It is one of the most valuable presents I have ever received. It was the formula for a hawthorn berry heart tonic that had been given to him by an old English teacher. The man who had given the formula to Dr. Nowell had used it in his practice for over forty years. As he gave it to me Dr. Nowell told me that he had used it in his own practice for about forty years with phenomenal success. He gave it to me in 1946 and I have also used it with great success since that time.

He gave this formula to me with certain stipulations. I could make it up and use it for my patients but I was not to give the formula to anyone until after Dr. Nowell’s death and then it was mine to use in any way I saw fit. While he was still alive we made up the formula and aided many patients with both organic and functional heart problems helping them to rebuild a new and healthy structure. Since his death the formula and the instructions for making it have been given to a number of students who in turn have helped many, many people. We would now like to give to you the instructions for making this tonic:

Fill a container (never use aluminum) to within approximately two inches of the top with ripe whole hawthorn berries. If dried berries are used first, reconstitute them with distilled water until they are plumped up to their former natural size. Next, pour distilled water over the berries so that they are covered with one inch of water. Simmer the water and berries for twenty minutes but never boil them. Afterwards set the mixture to one side in a warm place and steep for twenty minutes. Next strain off the liquid and transfer it to a clean container and set it aside. Now mash the simmered and strained berries with a potato masher or some similar utensil. Again cover the mashed berries with fresh steam distilled water covering them with about one inch of water. Simmer these mashed berries and water slowly for twenty minutes, steep the mixture for twenty minutes and again strain off the liquid. Mix this liquid with the liquid from the first straining which was previously set aside. Now measure the amount of liquid you have. This mixture of the liquids from the two strainings must now be simmered down slowly to one fourth of its original amount. One gallon, for example, will be simmered down to one quart.

During the time this liquid is being simmered down, it must be stirred frequently so it will not stick to the bottom of the container and burn. Again please remember not to boil this liquid. Even if hours are required to reduce the liquid to one fourth of the original amount, only simmer slowly to do the job correctly.

When the simmering is finished, measure the now concentrated liquid carefully and then add to it one fourth of its own volume of pure vegetable glycerine and also one fourth of its own volume of a good quality grape brandy (Christian Brothers or some comparable brand name). As an example, if the liquid concentrate after simmering measures one quart, then add one cup of the glycerine and one cup of the brandy. Mix the concentrate, the glycerine and the brandy together and pour it into dark brown or green tinted glass bottles such as prescription or vitamin bottles. Do not use plastic containers if glass is available. When the bottle is tightly sealed or corked, it is a good precaution to turn the bottle upside down and dip the top in melted sealing wax.

This formula does not have to be refrigerated and will keep for years at household temperature. The dosage of this tonic is one half teaspoonful three times a day or more if desired. One half teaspoonful three times per day, however, is adequate for an adult sized heart."

OfflineProfileReply with quote

Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 1 post ]