Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 am
Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 2 posts ]   
 Post subject: Dental care
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:59 am 
Site Admin

I belong to a yahoo group list with a lot of dentist members. One yesterday posted:

Quote:
"Dakin's solution is the only known product which will dissolve plaque off teeth.” Jorgen Slots DDS Ph.D.

The Dakin's being spoken of is a Clorox mixed mouth rinse that anyone can make and cost pennies.

We notice is a tremendous decrease in tooth sensitivity. The desensitizing side effect is extremely desirable. A cavitron no longer hurts when it is used on me.

He goes on to say, the only really undesirable side effect is taste! Sadly, the dental axiom of good medicine applies. Everything that works well tastes bad, including baking soda. We can mix up dilute clorox in moments. We keep it around for many reasons of office hygiene. We use it for presurgical rinses. Rinse for one minute, spit is our and do not rinse. It continues to kill for 5 minutes. So, when such a ubiquitous product is readily available so inexpensively it seems ridiculous to use other products.

I want periodontal disease gone from my patients and it is easy to cure. Brushing and flossing with Baking Soda (more cheap stuff) and bi-weekly use of dilute Clorox in a WaterPic® along with excellent scaling and root planing will eradicate periodontal disease, even juvenile onset periodontal disease. The cheap cost, ready availability world wide, makes it one of the best public health measures we can promote.

The problem with cheap stuff is that there are always folks out there trying to make money! Tooth paste manufactures and scammers claim all kinds of false news. In the mean time they peddle expensive products to the ignorant. Sadly, cheap stuff does not make money for you or me either. So, when money stops being the motivator, motivation goes down and there is no end to those who try to make money peddling expensive dental products regardless of efficacy!

Ya know what really annoys and makes me upset? I did not think of it myself!

Check out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKG9W-u_c6A

All this makes me think that Jim Humble's Chlorine Dioxide solution may work great similar to Dakin's!

OfflineProfileReply with quote

Post subject: Re: Dental care
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:45 pm 
Site Admin

How to cure periodontal disease.

1. perfect OHI. Perfect brushing and flossing once per day. Brush with baking soda into interprox and sulcus.
2. Perfect deep cleaning with cavitron eliminating all subgingival calculus.
3. Bi-weekly (2X/week) vigorous rinsing for one full minute with dakins. Do not rinse it out. It kills for 5 minutes.
Use of Dakins in a WaterPic bi weekly is better for subgingival penetration. One must rinse
Dakins out of a WaterPic after each use.

Dakins solution is a 20:1 dilution of OTC Clorox bleach which is usually 6% or so.
This results in a 0.3% solution to rinse or WaterPic with.

4. At two weeks re-cavitron completely working on any areas where there is bleeding or residual
calculus. Get it done right! Use lots of time and work on this. No excuses will be tolerated. :-)))

5. Patient should continue to use Baking soda brushing daily and Dakins bi-weekly for a life time. Routine cleaning
or root planing is indicated as needed. If there is any bleeding there is failure of compliance.

Compliance is a huge problem. The patient should be informed that dilute clorox will do no
harm if swallowed. It will not burn the esophagus and once in the stomach the clorox
turns to table salt in the stomach acid. Clorox is stable only in a very strong basic solution.
Clorox begins to deteriorate to table salt immediately when diluted with water because the pH goes down.

One hint to get compliance with baking soda is to color the tooth brush with toothpaste
to add flavor. One heaping teaspoon full of baking soda in the hand then dip the brush
into the baking soda and force into sulcus and interproximal after flossing first.

When there is no bacterial inflamation the herpes viruses, which are tissue trophic, will not
become contagious. They are like cold sores of fever blisters. The virus begins making protein
coats only in the presence of bacterial inflammation which is well controlled with the baking
soda and clorox regimen. With no inflammation the herpes family of viruses sheds DNA
only and is non-infectious and will not induce cytokines which cause bone loss.

The proof of all this is a perfect seal around teeth and implants. With an intact seal there is
no bleeding or inflammation.. There will be no spirochetes.

Hope this helps.

Douglas M. Martin DDS. FAAID, FICOI, MAIT, Diplomate ABOI/ID.
1310 East Swain Rd. S-2
Stockton, CA. 95210

OfflineProfileReply with quote

Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 2 posts ]